Saturday, July 13, 2019

Eighteenth-Century Items in the Heeresgeschichtliches Museum, Vienna





Battle of Maxen, Franz Paul Findenigg,


Dear Reader,

I had the wonderful pleasure of visiting the Heeresgeschichtliches Museum in Vienna on Saturday, and took a number of photos of items from the eighteenth century.


Museum Entrance

Ottoman Firelocks, late 17th Century



Late-Seventeenth-Century/Early Eighteenth Century Coat, 

Late-Seventeenth-Century/Early-Eighteenth Century Coat, Button Detail

Late-Seventeenth-Century/Early Eighteenth Century Coat, Pocket Detail
Late-Seventeenth-Century/Early Eighteenth Century Coat, Collar Detail
Prinz Eugen von Savoyen with Papal Gifts, 1716

Prinz Eugen's coat and waistcoat, with mail over linen sleeves
(useful in fighting against the Ottomans)


Captured Prussian Grenadier and Fusilier Caps, Seven Years War
Captured Prussian Infantry Flags, Seven Years War

Captured Prussian 10-Pound Howitzer, Seven Years War


Attack at Hochkirch 1758 (Pegna, painted 1762)


Collection of Austrian Uniform Plates, 1762 



Austrian Infantry Working Axe, 1760s

Selection of Austrian Infantry Muskets, entire 18th century



Hat, Sword and Cane of Austrian Artillery General,
2nd Half of 18th century

Hat, Sword and Cane of Austrian Artillery General, 
2nd Half of 18th century
This is a relatively small sample of the over 500 pictures taken at the museum. Look for future posts with more photographs of more items.

If you enjoyed this post, or any of our other posts, please consider liking us on facebook,  or following us on twitter. Finally, we are dedicated to keeping Kabinettskriege ad-free. In order to assist with this, please consider supporting us via the donate button in the upper right-hand corner of the page. As always:


Thanks for Reading,




Alex Burns










5 comments:

  1. This fascinating stuff! Looking very forward to later photographs from the visit.

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for those, love those paintings. And i have just started on an Ottoman army.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I personally was surprised to see not more of WAS or Seven Years wars uniforms, when I was there. But I have the impression that the Austrians did'nt collected this stuff as the Prussians did. The fragments of prince Eugene's clothes are an exception. Is it possible, that the stick and the hat were related to Lacy or Laudon?
    We didn't made many photos there.

    I hope that you had a pleasant time in Vienna. I loved the town and all those nice old churches. I think, that it's crucial to have a guide from Vienna to see the beauty of the city completely.

    Many thanks for your photos.

    Cheers,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you happen to get a close up of the striped tent and blanket in the left foreground in the Attack at Hochkirch 1758 painting by Pegna?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Website: (https://emutemple.wordpress.com/  I was born and raised in a small town on Long Island in New York. I live there today with my wife and three wonderful children. I want to testify of how I was cured from prostate cancer by Dr Emu. I was on hormone therapy for advanced prostate cancer. At first I was having lots of signs and symptoms like excessive urine at midnight and also I was experiencing dribbling of urine all the time I was going through hell I search for a cure☑ on the internet I came to know about Dr Emu I saw lots of testimonies of how he cures diseases like *Prostate Cancer *Herpes  Virus *Genital herpes *Hiv/Aids*Breast Cancer and more am happy am cured thanks to Dr Emu I recommend Dr Emu roots and herbs as best natural herbal medicine with no side effects. For consultation and more contact him via Email: (emutemple@gmail.com) (emutemple@yahoo.com) WhatsApp or call +2347012841542 

    ReplyDelete