Saturday, January 11, 2014

A sign of things to come:



Dear Readers,

So after reading Jeremy Black's Warfare in the Eighteenth Century, I have decided that the content of this blog is very Euro-centric. This is not necessarily a problem- after all, the goal of the blog is the examine the Kabinettskriege era- an era which is specific to European and American warfare. However, for the sake of completeness, I think that it might be important to cover non-western methods of warfare.

I will attempt to do this over the course of the next few weeks, as well as review John Child's and Jeremy Black's contributions to the Cassell History of Warfare series.

Thanks for Reading,

Alex Burns

1 comment:

  1. I've had to scramble around the dustier parts of my library to find my copies of these two books. I bought them ten years ago from a bankrupt stock shop in London for £1 each. It will be very interesting to see what you make of them.

    ReplyDelete